Tuesday, February 1, 2011

They Made It!

This is Jamie's niece, Amy, writing while she is in Africa. I was able to talk to my grandmother, Jamie's mom, this evening to get the update. Both Jamie and Jim made it safely to Ethiopia and are very tired from all the traveling. Lawson and Caitlyn got to talk to Mommy and Daddy. They will call everyday. As I write, I am very excited. Jamie posted on Facebook earlier that they will be able to meet M in the morning. Well, they're about 8 hours ahead of us...so what does that mean? It's 11:30pm here in Indiana and about 7:30am on the other side of the world. Just a few short hours and they get to meet him, the little boy they have worked so hard to bring home. :-)

I hope that Jamie was tired enough to actually get some sleep. She told me Sunday evening that she has been thinking about it so much that she lies awake. Well, the time for the court date is here. Once this is done and taken care of, it's only a few short weeks before M comes HOME. I am praying with all my might that there will be an immediate connection formed between Mom & Dad and their new son. I pray that he understands it all. I pray that their hearts would be able to convey the love they've been storing up for him. I also pray for favor with the judge and legal system there.

Well, that is all I know. I hope and pray that you will join with me in praying for them. While we sleep, they walk into a new phase of their lives. It's not over yet. Quite the opposite, actually. The best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment