Friday, January 28, 2011

3 Days

Wow, In just 3 days we will be getting on a plan to Ethiopia to meet M. I can not wait. I am both scared, excited, nervous, terrified, happy all at the same time. I never thought we'd actually get to this day when we started this journey. It has happened so fast it seems from September to now.
We have 3 very large suitcases 2 of which are donations. That is if I can stop myself from buying more in the meantime. Might end up being 4 suitcases:) Good thing about that is the donation suitcases will be empty once we get there so I will have a blast trying to fill them back up with new purchases over there. Of course Jim says just cause we have them does not mean we need to fill them up. I say what a waste that would be shipping back empty ones. He obviously doesn't know me very well.

One thing I can not wait for is the messes around the house to be clean again.
Our dinning room looks like a war zone. It has been trip central for the past month. Our dinning room table has served a different purpose than intended. We do not eat at because we can not. There is still stuff to be packed all over it. Most people would hide the packing nightmare but not me I want to walk by it everyday so it reminds me of things I need to get done or pack.
This will be the last weekend before our table will resume to the normal status of feeding the masses.
Well not sure if I will be able to blog while there but my niece will try to keep it updated with any new info for me while I am gone. 3 days, 3 days, seems like lifetime from now but will be here in just 3 day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment