Sunday, August 28, 2011

Well it happened

Today at lunch after church we had our first grieving episode. Micki started talking about Ethiopia and his family. He spoke alot about his Mom and Dad and ended by hiding his face and crying most of the meal. I couldn't tell you how much my heart went out to him. It hurt to see him in so much pain. There was nothing I could say that would make it okay. He is grieving for his life he knew and family back in Ethiopia. It's one thing to be brought into a family when you have no one but to a child who was loved by his family and brought to an orphanage to be adopted it doesn't make sense to them. He told me his Mommy loved him and he cried when she left him there. My heart wanted to jump from my chest, not because he spoke of his love and family but the hurt he was feeling I couldn't make go away.
He understands so much and we forget he is 7. I could not image the pain and suffering he has felt in his short little life.

He didn't stay upset for to long but it brought so much to light about what we are going to encounter in the future and I pray God gives me the words to ease his broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment